Young Educators Award
The AAEAHP recognizes educators under the age of 40 who demonstrate vision, innovation and action to improve teaching and learning by awarding the Outstanding Young Educator (OYE) award to qualifying individuals.
ways to submit
An OYE application
DEADLINE: February 5, 2024
The AAEAHP Hall of Fame initiates this award to be presented to an Outstanding Young Educator (OYE) under the age of forty (40) who demonstrates vision, innovation and action to improve teaching and learning. The OYE selected should have contributed to the education and support of students in Dallas County, African American students in particular. The awardee will be recognized in the spring of the year.
It is the hope that in the future this young educator(s) will actively support the efforts, mission and the purpose of the Hall of Fame Committee.
To make a nomination, please fill out the form below. The nomination form is due by February 5, 2024 inclusive of a current resume. If you are unable to complete the form in one setting, you may save your progress and continue later.
The OYE will be notified of their selection as an awardee by March, 2024.
- The awardee should be under the age of 40 during the current school year.
- The awardee should have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the field of education.
- The awardee should have demonstrated vision, action, exceptional knowledge and skills of an innovative educator including use of technology.
- The work of the awardee should reflect accomplishments beyond the required duties of the job.
- The awardee should have documentation of initiating strategies/programs that are specifically intended or designed to improve the academic achievement of African American students.
- The awardee should have available documentation that the programs implemented have been successful in bringing about increased student learning and achievement.
- The awardee continues to improve his/her professional practices and exhibits leadership in his/her school.
- The awardee shows interest in working with professional organizations that contribute toward the educational success of students in Dallas County.
Nominators may submit a nomination via mail by downloading the below application and sending it to the following address:
P. O. BOX 411091, Dallas, Texas 75241
The completed application and nominee’s resume must be received by February 5, 2024 (postmarked). Applications postmarked after the deadline and/or incomplete packages will be disqualified.
We're expanding our programs
Make a contribution
Contribute to our program by submitting a piece of history to display on our digital wall or by donating toward our scholarships.
For more information, call Dr. Alfred L. Roberts, Sr. (214) 478-7228 or Ms. Gwendolyn Brantley at (972) 298-6980 or fill out the contact form below.